Ventilation cleaning & hygiene
Dust, dirt and bacteria have a negative influence on the room climate. Consequently, air hygiene is more than just a need for "cleaner" air - inadequate air hygiene in closed rooms is harmful to our health and lastingly impairs workplace performance. Apart from these atmospheric factors, air hygiene is the precondition for flawless functioning, as well as for the energy efficiency of your ventilation and air conditioning systems. This then also has a striking effect on their economic efficiency.
Clean air - for an optimal room climate
"Air is food". The federal government intends to create the conditions for air hygiene in rooms with its ventilation standard. Hygiene has been defined in ventilation systems since the beginning of 2004:
- SWKI VA104-01 (Hygienic demands on room air conditioning systems and devices) is regarded as the state of the art and must in general be implemented in planning, installation, operation and maintenance.
- It applies to all room air conditioning systems and devices that supply rooms or common areas in rooms where, in accordance with regulations, people spend more than 30 days a year, or regularly more than two hours a day.
- Responsibility is assigned in the area of ventilation to the respective operator or maintenance officer of the ventilation system and subjected to the duty of due care.
- The respective maintenance officers are required to organise the inspections themselves in order to observe the duty of due care (observance of the guideline).
Our services cover all areas of ventilation cleaning, hygiene inspections, maintenance and care.
Ventilation hygiene - confidence is good, inspection is better
When it comes to many ventilation systems, stopping the air is healthier than breathing it. Soiled systems are actually bacteria and pollutant distributors. The statement that air conditioning systems make you sick is no coincidence. However, this is only true if the ventilation and air conditioning systems are not regularly checked for soiling. Where people work or sensitive products are manufactured, air hygiene is critical. Our hygiene inspections meet the conditions of SWKI VA104, according to which, ventilation systems without moisture have to be inspected every three years and systems with moisture every two years.
Optimal air intake, filtering and the cleanness of the ducts and pipes are checked. The added value of regular inspection consists in the ability to detect problematic situations in good time and precisely define and calculate
the measures to be taken. The SWKI guidelines are observed and safety demonstrated.
The hygiene inspection occurs in four steps:
- checking the logs and condition of the system
- physical measurements of the room air: temperature, humidity, pollutants (including carbon dioxide)
- checking hygiene, biological measurements of the supply air, room air and outside air
- reporting, interpretation of results, recommendations.
Our air hygiene specialists have many years of experience and well-founded know-how in inspection, analysis, reporting, service and maintenance. They work according to the latest methods and provide their clients with expert, product-neutral advice. The goal is to ensure maximum hygienic air quality, thanks to suitable measures and recommendations.
The report covers the following elements:
- visual inspection with evaluation of the most important structural situations
- microbiological examination with relevant wipe tests (six to seven samples)
- supplemented (optionally) by airborne microbial measurements to evaluate the duct systems
- recording the climatic parameters (moisture, temperature, CO2) compared to the SIA 382-1 regarding room climate
- merging the visual and microbiological evaluation
- definition of defects and recommended actions
- work plan with checklist for technical personnel
- photo documentation of the measurement points and faulty components for reference
Before - after examples from practical application
Professional ventilation cleaning and hygiene not only guarantees clean, dust-free air; it has a positive effect on energy consumption and efficiency and strikingly reduces the risk of fire.
Professional ventilation cleaning - more than just regular filter replacement
A hygienically clean ventilation system also supplies clean, dust-free air. To ensure that this is also guaranteed in the long term, regular cleaning intervals of the ventilation system are needed. Through mechanical cleaning at negative pressure
we eliminate dust and dirt; we remove grease and oil with wet cleaning. In addition, regular cleaning has a positive effect on energy consumption and energy efficiency. This results in a striking reduction in the fire risk.
We efficiently address the individual concerns of the customer in ventilation cleaning:
free inspection on the spot
Inspection on the spot serves to determine the degree of soiling, in order to define the recommended action. The scale of ventilation is also recorded. This information enables the creation of a tailor-made cleaning offer.
Dry cleaning for dust and dirt
Negative pressure cleaning procedures with rotating brushes or air nozzles. The inspection covers needed for access to the cleaning are created.
Wet cleaning for grease and oil
Chemical emulsion combined with medium and high pressure cleaning. The inspection covers needed for access to the cleaning are created. Food areas are covered extensively.