- 3 years
What does a business administrator do?
Business administrators are service-oriented employees. Depending on the industry and size of the company, business administrators work in service and administration in a range of different business areas.
These could be trade or service companies, as well as solicitors’ offices or non-profit organisations. In the case of small companies, business administrators are solely responsible for administration, while in large companies, they work within corresponding departments. Their professional field ranges from the consulting of external and internal customers and the performance of administrative tasks all the way to industry-specific processes. For this, they use different measures, manage correspondence, and process enquiries, quotes, and purchasing agreements. They order products, negotiate prices, and inspect and monitor goods.
Alongside these tasks, they organise events or business trips, keep minutes, read dossiers, put together statistics and issue invoices, record business processes, and much more.
Duration of apprenticeship
- In the office at a computer workstation
- At the customer’s premises
- E-profile: Completion of compulsory education, top secondary level with good performance or middle secondary level with an additional school year and good performance
- Federal Vocational Baccalaureate: Completion of compulsory education, top secondary level with very good performance and a successful VET school entrance examination
- All profiles require: Mastery of typing
- You enjoy sales and business administration
- Linguistic fluency (oral and written), knowledge of foreign languages
- Good comprehension
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sense of responsibility
- You enjoy working with computers
Various further training options are offered, e.g. from:
- VET schools
- Centres of further training
- Trade and industry associations
- Qualified Business Administrator for SMEs
- Qualified Sales Manager
- Expert in Invoicing and Controlling, etc.
- Qualified Business Administrator, PEI
- Marketing Manager, PEI
- e.g. Bachelor of Science FH in Business Economics