Internet of Things in facility management: An illusion?
The 74th Real Estate Talk took place in the Metropol in Zurich on 13 November 2018. The guest speakers included representatives from Post Immobilien, Credit Suisse Real Estate Investment Management and Thomas Stadler, Chief Digital Officer of Bouygues Energies & Services Switzerland. The theme of the evening was the Internet of Things - IoT for short - in facility management. Is it an illusion or are profitable business models already available?
All presentations demonstrated that sensible areas of application for IoT do exist in the real estate industry. For example, LoRa sensors offer genuine added value in facility management when it comes to regular and unambiguous measurement data during maintenance. They are already being used by Bouygues Energies & Services for leachate management and refrigerated transport.
Often, however, there are insufficient testing opportunities to gain more experience. Thomas Stadler knows where there is still a need for action:
“Only through better cooperation between investors / owners and the operators can use cases in which the building and its technology yield concrete added value for the tenant / user be identified.”
All speakers agreed that IoT will also play an important role in the real estate industry in future
Further information about the event is available on the website of Immobilien Business.
Click here for an overview of all our news. Always up to date and relevant, so that you are ideally informed about our innovations, our events and our progress in terms of a better customer experience.
- Alizé is our innovative e-mobility offering based on charging stations for electric cars.
- Change in Senior Management of the Alpiq InTec Group.
- Bouygues Energies & Services at the laying of the foundation stone.
- BIM: Building Information Modeling opens up entirely new prospects in this area.
- Lauch of the roadmap for the promotion of E-mobility in Switzerland.
- On 20 June 2019, Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland held its first Innovation Day in Zurich-Oerlikon.
- Alpiq InTec Group is now part of Bouygues Construction.
- The group was awarded this prize for its outstanding employee orientation.
- Bouygues Energies & Services is one of Switzerland's top players according to a study.