UPTOWNBASEL: BOUYGUES ENERGIES & SERVICES AT THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION STONE
Schorenareal, Arlesheim (BL): An innovative competence centre for industry 4.0 is being created here. Bouygues Energies & Services is both tenant and service provider.
Dr. Thomas Staehelin, President of the Board of Directors of uptownBasel, and Hans-Jörg Fankhauser, architect and site developer, lay the foundation stone of uptownBasel on 7 June 2019. Stéphane Schneider, CEO of Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland, is also on site. Stéphane Schneider speaks about the role of Bouygues Energies & Services in the Basel region at a media conference attended by regional and national political celebrities.
What is uptownBasel?
On the 70,000 square meter Schoren site in Arlesheim (BL) - currently the largest construction site in the Basel region - uptownBasel is being built as a so-called Smart Manufacturing Hub. What does that mean? The site will create around 2,000 jobs and accommodate 50 companies that will ensure mutual technology transfer in the areas of industry, digitization, innovation and resource efficiency. Topics such as sustainability and social responsibility are given high priority.
"uptownBasel is a showcase project in many respects and we at Bouygues Energies & Services are proud to be able to make an active contribution to industry 4.0 at the Basel site as Switzerland's leading building services engineer."
Stéphane Schneider, CEO Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland
Bouygues Energies & Services - tenant and service provider at the same time
As Stéphane Schneider announces in his speech, Bouygues Energies & Services is pleased to move its Basel office to Arlesheim in uptownBasel. Furthermore, Bouygues Energies & Services hopes to play an active role in shaping the uptownBasel project alongside the site developer: "We have well-known references in the realisation and operation of sites, such as Erlenmatt in Basel and Greencity in Zurich," explains Stéphane Schneider, adding: "We offer intelligent solutions in the area of smart cities, i.e. networked infrastructures for all aspects of urban life."
Bouygues Energies & Services is proud to be part of uptownBasel and looks forward to exchanging ideas with other innovative companies on the site. Together they will strengthen Basel as a business location.
Photo Sara Barth, Basel
Bela Böke, arbel gmbh, Arlesheim
Click here for an overview of all our news. Always up to date and relevant, so that you are ideally informed about our innovations, our events and our progress in terms of a better customer experience.
- Top Employer in Switzerland for the second time in a row.
- Bouygues Energies & Services supports the fight against childhood cancer.
- Bouygues Energies & Services is one of Switzerland's top players according to a study.
- On 20 June 2019, Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland held its first Innovation Day in Zurich-Oerlikon.
- The group was awarded this prize for its outstanding employee orientation.
- Lauch of the roadmap for the promotion of E-mobility in Switzerland.
- The 74th Real Estate Talk in Zurich.
- Change in Senior Management of the Alpiq InTec Group.
- Alpiq InTec Group is now part of Bouygues Construction.
- Alizé is our innovative e-mobility offering based on charging stations for electric cars.
- BIM: Building Information Modeling opens up entirely new prospects in this area.