Kunsthaus Zürich is one of the city's most famous art museums. More than 4,000 valuable paintings, sculptures, installations, photographs and multimedia artworks are exhibited over an area of 19,000m2. Work has been ongoing since 2015 to realise the extension designed by British architect David Chipperfield. This additional building will almost double the museum's total area to around 39,000 m2. Not only will visitors be able to enjoy a museum that is almost twice as big, they will also reap the benefits of its contemporary infrastructure. The extension will make Kunsthaus Zürich Switzerland's largest art museum.
m² Building, including the extension
Visitors per year
Since 2005, Bouygues Energies & Services has provided all technical facility management services to the existing building, and will carry these through to the extension. Preserving the museum's significant artworks particularly involves accurate maintenance of climatic conditions and a constant ambient humidity. This requires vast expertise and comprehensive knowledge of technical facility management. Thanks to our long-standing partnership with Kunsthaus Zürich, Bouygues Energies & Services has exceptional knowledge of the building and is constantly available to the museum as its expert in energy for technical operations.
Click here for an overview of all our news. Always up to date and relevant, so that you are ideally informed about our innovations, our events and our progress in terms of a better customer experience.
- Top Employer in Switzerland for the second time in a row.
- Bouygues Energies & Services supports the fight against childhood cancer.
- Bouygues Energies & Services is one of Switzerland's top players according to a study.
- On 20 June 2019, Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland held its first Innovation Day in Zurich-Oerlikon.
- Bouygues Energies & Services at the laying of the foundation stone.
- The group was awarded this prize for its outstanding employee orientation.
- Lauch of the roadmap for the promotion of E-mobility in Switzerland.
- The 74th Real Estate Talk in Zurich.
- Alpiq InTec Group is now part of Bouygues Construction.
- Change in Senior Management of the Alpiq InTec Group.
- Alizé is our innovative e-mobility offering based on charging stations for electric cars.
- BIM: Building Information Modeling opens up entirely new prospects in this area.