Bouygues Energies & Services is Switzerland's no. 2 in FM
Lündendonk, a market research firm, has published a comprehensive study of the Swiss facility management market. Bouygues Energies & Services is one of Switzerland's top players.
Market researcher Lündendonk has published its third comprehensive study of the Swiss facility management market. Its key findings are summarized below (year analysed: 2018):
- Market growth: Bouygues Energies & Services reported a 107.1% increase in its revenues from facility management (due to its acquisition of Alpiq InTec). The top ten companies surveyed grew an average of 6.8%.
- Staff: 78.4% of the employees at all surveyed companies are employed by the top ten enterprises. ISS, the market leader, employs an impressive 12,207 people. Together with Bouygues Energies & Services (2,451 employees) and Vebego (6,035 employees), the top three FM service providers employ 46% of all the employees in Switzerland. Employee growth at Bouygues Energies & Services: over 40% (Alpiq InTec acquisition).
- Service: Per-capita revenues at the top ten companies are just under CHF 92,000 per person. The average for all 27 companies surveyed was around CHF 117,000 per employee. Bouygues Energies & Services is above the median for this metric.
- Return on sales: The average return on sales for Swiss companies is 3.6%. ROS in Germany: 4.2%.
- Market sectors: The most important market sectors are manufacturing and real estate.
- Competitors: Bouygues Energies & Services and ISS appear as major competitors in all three categories. Bouygues Energies & Services: No. 4 in soft FM, no. 5 in property management and clearly the no. 1 in hard FM.
ISS and Bouygues appear as major competitors in all three categories
Figure: What companies do you view as the four most important competitors in the Swiss FM market? Four possible answers; All companies; Companies mentioned more than once; Absolute frequencies
Soft n = 16; Hard n = 17; Prop. mgmt. n = 17
Details of Lünendonk study
This Lünendonk study aims to provide information on market structure, current issues and cutting-edge trends. The authors' approach is to look back over the previous financial year. The analysis covered 27 companies and so captured revenue and staffing statistics for a relevant portion of the Swiss FM market.
Click here for an overview of all our news. Always up to date and relevant, so that you are ideally informed about our innovations, our events and our progress in terms of a better customer experience.
- On 20 June 2019, Bouygues Energies & Services in Switzerland held its first Innovation Day in Zurich-Oerlikon.
- Bouygues Energies & Services at the laying of the foundation stone.
- The group was awarded this prize for its outstanding employee orientation.
- Lauch of the roadmap for the promotion of E-mobility in Switzerland.
- The 74th Real Estate Talk in Zurich.
- Change in Senior Management of the Alpiq InTec Group.
- Alpiq InTec Group is now part of Bouygues Construction.
- Alizé is our innovative e-mobility offering based on charging stations for electric cars.
- BIM: Building Information Modeling opens up entirely new prospects in this area.